How old is too old for a woman to get breast implants?

Dr. Barry Handler
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Age is relative

The decision to get breast implants in a personal one and age is seldom a factor. Before making the decision a woman should be fully informed and generallly in good enough health for the operation.
Being fully informed means understanding the risks of the initial procedire and that down the road chances are additional surgery will be required.

In brief: Age is relative

Dr. Barry Handler
Dr. Barry Handler
Dr. Tom Pousti
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Too Old For Surgery?

Age is not the final determining factor in regards to breast augmentation surgery.
You have to be in good health and understand the potential risks and complications associated with elective surgery. I have had older women who had this surgery and healed nicely and are very happy they proceeded with surgery, even at an older age.

In brief: Too Old For Surgery?

Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Minas Chrysopoulo
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Not age dependent

There is no specific age cut off per se.
What matters is the overall health of the patient. Like any completely elective surgery, breast augmentation should not be performed in patients that are high risk for complications because of other medical conditions.

In brief: Not age dependent

Dr. Minas Chrysopoulo
Dr. Minas Chrysopoulo
Dr. Alex Lechtman
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: NO AGE LIMIT

I've done a first time breast augmentation on a 64 year old and a revision cosmetic augmentation on an 89 year old.
They were otherwise healthy with reasonable expectations.

In brief: NO AGE LIMIT

Dr. Alex Lechtman
Dr. Alex Lechtman
Dr. Clark Schierle
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Breast Augmentation

Breast augmentation is a generally safe, effective, outpatient procedure performed under moderate sedation or general anesthesia.
Age only plays a role in so far as it affects your ability to safely undergo the associated anesthesia and may have more problems healing.

In brief: Breast Augmentation

Dr. Clark Schierle
Dr. Clark Schierle
Dr. Shontae Buffington