What can I do for my husband who has gout and gets swollen feet/ankles/fingers every time he eats?

Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Get him treated

Gout is caused by increase blood levels of uric acid and can be treated suscessfully with long term medications.
During acute attack you need to use anti inflammatory NSAID drugs like indocin, (indomethacin) Motrin or naprosyn but long term you need meds to bring your uric acid down and need to go on a special diet to avoid too much meat and beer atc, he can also use allupurinol so check with your doctor/rhematol.

In brief: Get him treated

Dr. Peter Kurzweil