What can I do to speed up the healing process for a stress fracture in my hip?

Walk with crutches. In most cases, a conservative course of care is initiated in order to create optimal conditions for the bone to heal. This goal can be expedited by rest and the use of crutches to keep weight off the joint for up to six weeks.
Less weight bearing. Stress fractures occur when the amount of stress on a bone exceeds the bodies ability to heal itself. The use of crutches and touch down weight bearing(just putting the weight of the leg not your body) will help heal it. Sometimes a prophylactic pins can be placed. Big question is why a stress fracture in the first place: over impact activity or a metabolic bone problem .Ask your doc "why me"?