Is there a way to reverse my pattern of sleeping all day and being up all night?

Dr. Ricardo Bernal

In brief: All the way around

Intuitively, individuals trying to invert their sleep cycle try going to bed earlier to see if they'll fall asleep.
Unfortunately, this works infrequently. On the other hand, a pattern of getting up earlier by an hour every few days, will make you feel tired earlier every night. That will ultimately reverse individuals' sleep pattern to the most usual daytime wakefulness.

In brief: All the way around

Dr. Ricardo Bernal
Dr. Ricardo Bernal
2 comments
Dr. Madan Uprety
Agreed with Dr. Bernal. Additionally, using sleeping aid temporarily may be helpful to reverse cycle for some.
Dr. Ricardo Bernal
Thanks for the addition to my response.
Dr. Luis Villaplana

In brief: Absolutely

The issue is, how long will it take to reverse it successfully.

In brief: Absolutely

Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Vicken Poochikian