Can i take like .5 of someone else's oxycodone hydrochloride oral solution for pain after a root canal?

Pathology

In brief: No

You would be breaking the law.
Adequate pain relief is your dentists responsibility.

In brief: No

You would be breaking the law.
Dr. Pedro Cabrera
The use of someone else medication is not proper practice there could be drug interactions and I do not know your medical history and your sensitivity to medications. My advice is not to do it your healthcare provider is responsible for the proper medication for your pain needs.
Dr. Ronald Achong
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Not recommended

Ask your doctor who knows your health history.
What if you are allergic to this medication, are you taking any other medications that could potentially interact with the oxycodone, are you taking other strong pain medications. There are some important issues to consider. Your doctor who knows your health history should be able to help you.

In brief: Not recommended

Dr. Ronald Achong
Dr. Ronald Achong
Dr. Mary David
If you need oxycodone after a root canal, I'm worried that there may be a problem and you should check back with your dentist. It is never a safe or good idea to take medicine which was prescribed for someone else.

In brief: Never

You should never take any medication not prescribed for you.
Only your dentist knows the specifics of your dental issues. Consult with him or her and ask for a prescription. Your dentist will be able to prescribe the correct medications in the correct dosing to address your specific needs.

In brief: Never

Dr. Yigal Prilutsky
Dr. Yigal Prilutsky
Dr. Thomas Heston
This is an illegal diversion of a controlled substance. Don't do it !
Dr. Eric Weisman