Is there a blood test for testing excessive daytime somnolence?

Dr. Brian Affleck
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Excessive somnolence

If you have daytime sleepiness, there is a screening tool called the epworth sleepiness scale.
If you get a score greater than 10, you have have a sleep problem and should see a sleep specialist to review. Need a sleep study. There are some blood tests that are commonly done when someone is tired all the time such as a complete blood count or thyroid function test, which help determine the cause.

In brief: Excessive somnolence

Dr. Brian Affleck
Dr. Brian Affleck
Dr. Patrick Melder
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: No

There are many causes of excessive daytime sleepiness.
An overnight sleep study is one test but is not used in all cases. I would see a sleep specialist who can better determine the right studies to help determine what is going on.

In brief: No

Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Steven Seres