Is lucid dreaming a medically proven phenomenon?

Can Measure & Create. We've ways of detecting lds & even stimulating the brain 2produce lds. Thnx 2cognitive neuroscience (study of neurobiological underpinnings of perceptions/thoughts/emotions) we r learning which brain areas r involved in generating lds & which states of consciousness (as reflected in eeg brain waves) signal they're occurring. Some r testing ld techniques 4treating trauma survivors having nightmares.
Yes! Until recently, this was a very poorly known phenomenon. Latest studies show it not only happens and can be documented, but also it can be induced. However, not everybody seem to be capable of it.