Is her psychological effect of getting too little REM sleep?

Yes, there can be. People who do not get enough rem sleep tend to feel more fatigued. Rem is where you get the deepest sleep which is the most restful and restorative. Mood swings, irritability, decreased concentration are all possibilities. Your rem sleep quantity can be determined with an overnight sleep study. Speak to your doctor if you feel like this may be an issue.
Significant. Sleep deprivation in general including rem is associated with mood changes, irritability, decreases memory & concentration, decreased muscle coordination, tiredness & fatigue.. If severe it can result in perceptual problems like hallucinations & psychosis all this may result in increased rate of job related accidents, injuries and mistakes, as well as increased motor vehicle accidents.