Are horse chestnut products effective for treating varicose and spider veins?

Possibly. Some studies have shown some mild beneft in the use of horse chestnut in venous insufficiency.
Folklore. While there may be many benefits of homeopathic medications and various natural supplements most of their claims have not been truly evaluated in a scientific manner.
Sometimes. Horse chestnut extract can often be very effective for treating SYMPTOMS related to vein disease, but does not help with prevention of vein disease or to help the vein condition to resolve. Medical studies on horse chestnut extract on vein disease shows that many patients obtain improvement or relief of leg symptoms of discomfort, swelling, and fatigue. See a vein specialist to discuss further.
Not really. I've had some patients use them. They weren't impressed...either was I. I guess it won't hurt. Give it a shot, there is some articles that claim it works.
Not really. Horse chestnut might help swelling from varicose veins--maybe. It will not and cannot treat varicose and spider veins though.