How do I decrease the amount of REM sleep I get at night

Dr. Mehran Farid-Moayer

In brief: Certain medications

Certain medications, including antidepressants may decrease rem-sleep.
Sleep disturbances including sleep apnea or environmental disturbances including repetitive noise may reduce rem-sleep.

In brief: Certain medications

Dr. Mehran Farid-Moayer
Dr. Mehran Farid-Moayer
Dr. Sal Aragona
Dentistry

In brief: Maybe

Human growth hormone (hgh) is particularly released during delta phase of sleep, the deepest sleep level.
In an adult, hgh is involved in many pathways involved in maximum tissue and organ performance and minimizes age related breakdown. Remember, it is not necessarily total sleep time but more so the quality and level of delta sleep levels that may be at play.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Sal Aragona
Dr. Sal Aragona
Dr. Adam Smith