Does fibromyalgia often occur with ms?

In brief: Rare co-morbidity

Am not sure that I have seen more than one or two pts with both over the yrs I have practiced.
There is no real relationship of any kind between the two very distinctly different disorders, and indeed, would feel in most cases that pain in MS pts is due to MS and not other etiology. If there is a question of widespread body pain, make sure the diagnosis is clarified.

In brief: Rare co-morbidity

Dr. Ronald Krauser
Agree with Dr. Mechanic. I have never seen or read anything about these issues having any relationship.
Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Pain Management

In brief: No

Fibromyalgia is much more common than ms.

In brief: No

Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Dr. Wm. Marcus Spurlock
Preventive Medicine

In brief: MS & Fibromyalgia

Yes, some of the underlying disorders associated with both disorders are common of both.
Energy crisis is the common denominator. A detective practitioner can help sort out all the underlying problems.

In brief: MS & Fibromyalgia

Dr. Wm. Marcus Spurlock
Dr. Wm. Marcus Spurlock
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham