Does Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) work for idiopathic hypersomnia?

Dr. Glen Elliott
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: It might

Stimulants are often used to help treat disorders of excessive sleep.
One potential difficulty is the possibility of becoming tolerant to the effects over time. I would recommend you seek out a sleep disorder clinic and let them guide in with respect to best treatment practices.

In brief: It might

Dr. Glen Elliott
Dr. Glen Elliott
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Internal Medicine - Pulmonology

Adderall is a wake promoting drug in the amphetamine class - it does work for idiopathic hypersonic along with other drugs such as ritalin, (methylphenidate) dexedrine, pro vigil and nuvigil.

Dr. Aaron Milstone
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Dr. Peter Kurzweil