Can you lucid dream without wanting to?

The Most Common Type. Most lucid dreaming occurs on its own without an individual wanting or trying to lucid dream. Lucid dreaming is defined as the ability to have awareness that one is dreaming and having the ability to control the dream as it happens. When it does occur spontaneously, it often goes unrecognized by the individual. There are techniques that help one lucid dream. Visit http://www.Lucidity.Com/.
Some people can. Some people can have lucid dreams, most people cannot. Lucid dream means one is aware one is dreaming, and can control the content to some extent. The dreams are vivid. Patients with narcolepsy are more likely to have vivid dreams as well as hypnagogic hallucinations (vivid dreaming before falling asleep or after waking up). Lucid dreams without daytime sleepiness do not require treatment.