Can you go into a coma from lucid dreaming?

Dr. Joseph Roosth

In brief: No

A lucid dream is one in which the person is aware they are dreaming.
It is a fascinating topic to read about. I'm not an expert, but relatively common medical knowledge suggests that quite simply, you would wake up at some point. I "think" you can dream you are in a coma as part of a lucid dream, but again, at some point, yoiu would wake up in the usual fashion.

In brief: No

Dr. Joseph Roosth
Dr. Joseph Roosth
Dr. Rashed Hasan
Pediatrics - Critical Care

In brief: Lucid dreams

This is a very rare condition if you feel you have it and have these concerns, please see a sleep specialist and have an overnight or a 24-hr sleep study done to have a formal analysis of sleep pattern.

In brief: Lucid dreams

Dr. Rashed Hasan
Dr. Rashed Hasan