What can I expect when having an operation for hallux rigidus?

Improved function. The goal of surgery to correct for hallux rigidus is to reduce pain and improve function of the joint. There are many procedures utilized for this purpose ranging from cleaning the excess bone around the joint to replacing the joint. The recuperation for the procedure would take about 3 months to get back to full function and normal shoewear.
Hallux Rigidus . Various surgical procedures are available to treat hallux rigidus depending on the type and severity of the deformity. The procedures are designed to correct abnormalities of soft tissues, remove the prominent “bump” of bone, correct the changes in the bony structures, and to realign the big toe and associated structures. The goal of surgery is to reduce pain and improve function.