I have been suffering from TMJ for 6years(disc dislacement, joint degeneration). I had 2 arthoscopies. I still haveinflammation and ear pain. What could be wrong?

Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Still have TMJ

Not all treatments are successful.
If arthroscopy is unsuccessful, open surgery is often indicated. Make sure you have a VERY experienced TMJ surgeon.

In brief: Still have TMJ

Not all treatments are successful.
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Duane Keller
Dentistry

In brief: Joints equal effects

Degenerative joint disease occurs when the structures are compromised for a variety of reasons.
Simplistically, your jaw and bite are probably not correct and your joint was damaged. Treating the damage without treating the cause is like trying to push a rope. I think you need to know what are the causes and what are the effects and then treat the causes by the best conservative means.

In brief: Joints equal effects

Dr. Duane Keller
Dr. Duane Keller
Dr. Robert Brodsky
Dentistry

In brief: Lots

The ear pain may not be related to the TMJ problems.
Mild exercise, warm soaks, possible chiropractic type treatments and muscle relaxants have shown some success. Bite blocks or other "stints" have not shown any success.

In brief: Lots

Dr. Robert Brodsky
Dr. Robert Brodsky

In brief: Not TMJ

I strongly suggest, respectfully that you may not have TMJ and did not need surgery.
Go to an ent. Go to another dentist out of your area, so no conflict of interest. Very serious problem. You need help. Most pain from neck c2/3. Do you have pain when teeth are closed? Do you have pain when turning neck? Pain only on opening wider? Is ear pain main pain? Treat ear pain only, ent.

In brief: Not TMJ

Dr. Howard Kirschner
Dr. Howard Kirschner
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine