My sister said she have dreams that she is lost when she get depressed is that normal?

Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Depression dreams

It is not "normal" to be depressed, but each person experiences depression a little differently.
Dreams are one way in which the state of depression can express itself. Your sister's form seems to include feelings of being "lost." when i treat people, i find their dreams to be extremely useful -- and that they change as recovery proceeds. Your sister's dreams can be personal signals too.

In brief: Depression dreams

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Normal

Dreams are just dreams.
Some analyze the content, I have found doing so to not be helpful. If the dreams persist, check with the doctor. Sometimes dreams change as side effects to medications.

In brief: Normal

Dreams are just dreams.
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Dreams

If not interfering with sleep or daily functioning, yes.

In brief: Dreams

Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Jane Van Dis