Why am I having pain on the top of my foot if have a talus fracture?

Not unusual. Depending on the location and type of fracture is possible to experience pain on the top of the foot. Treatment depends of the location and type of injury. Treatment option can be conservative or surgical. Immobilization of the area with a rigid walking boot, splint, brace or a cast is usually required. Follow up x-rays are taken to monitor the healing. Seek professional advice.
The pain radiates. A talus fracture will generally cause pain in the ankle region, but certainly the pain can radiate into the foot as well. The pain should subside as the bone begins to heal. Generally, talus fractures require surgical fixation, but not all do. Make sure you see an orthopaedic surgeon (if you haven't already) to make sure that your fracture is being treated appropriately!
Talus fracture. It is very common for this type of fracture to radiate pain. Splinting pain is common as well. Make sure you follow up with your podiatrist as these can need surgery for proper healing , but not always of course. Good luck.