What kind of doctor removes bunions?

Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry

In brief: Podiatrist

Podiatris or orthopedist.

In brief: Podiatrist

Podiatris or orthopedist.
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. David Laha
Podiatry

In brief: Foot surgeon

Podiatric surgeon or an orthopedic surgeon with a foot and ankle fellowship would be the best trained.
Talk to your primary care doctor for their recommendation. You need to feel comfortable with the surgeon you choose. A second opinion is never a wrong idea. Visit acfas.Org to find a podiatric surgeon if you don't have a recommendation. Dr l.

In brief: Foot surgeon

Dr. David Laha
Dr. David Laha

In brief: Several

Podiatrists, orthopedist and the occasional general surgeon will do bunion surgery.
Being a podiatrist myself, i feel we have the best training in the latest techniques in bunion surgery. Just my opinion...

In brief: Several

Dr. Bradly Shollenberger
Dr. Bradly Shollenberger
Dr. Libby Putnam
Podiatry

In brief: A podiatrist!

Podiatrists are specialists of the foot and ankle.
We do surgery (bunions, hammertoes, ankle fractures, etc.), wound care for diabetics or trauma patients, treat athlete's foot and toenails fungus, ingrown toenails, tendinitis, sports injuries, birth defects or deformities, bracing and orthotics--just about anything affecting the foot or ankle.

In brief: A podiatrist!

Dr. Libby Putnam
Dr. Libby Putnam
Dr. Selene Parekh
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle

In brief: Treatment

The surgical and nonsurgical management of a bunion can be managed by a foot and ankle surgeon, including an orthopaedic surgeon.

In brief: Treatment

Dr. Selene Parekh
Dr. Selene Parekh
Dr. Peter Ameglio
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: A surgeon

A bunion is a symptom. Treat the cause and you may not have to have surgery.

In brief: A surgeon

Dr. Peter Ameglio
Dr. Peter Ameglio
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine