3 year old daughter hsd rectal relapse. Has some constipation issues. Taking miralex for 3 days. How to proceed what to expect?

Dr. Bradford Romans

In brief: Continue

It takes a few days for MiraLAX (polyethylene glycol) to begin regular , daily bm's.
Return to your pedi, if not effective.

In brief: Continue

Return to your pedi, if not effective.
Dr. Bradford Romans
Dr. Bradford Romans
Dr. Todd Zimmerman
Pediatrics - Emergency Medicine

In brief: Rectal Prolapse

I think you mean rectal prolapse.
..Which is a complication of constipation. These kids usually do well. The prolapse is gently pushed back in the rectum by a doctor. You should be seen by a gastroenterologist if the constipation is that bad to result in a rectal prolapse. You may need to be seen by a surgeon if this becomes a chronic problem. Miralax (polyethylene glycol) works well and will hopefully help with this.

In brief: Rectal Prolapse

I think you mean rectal prolapse.
Dr. Todd Zimmerman
Dr. Todd Zimmerman
Dr. Shontae Buffington