What are some things I need to do if I have diabetes and they tell me I need to take care of my feet?

In brief: Foot care

Some basic things you should do is: wear properly fitting shoes to avoid blisters; always protect your feet and avoid being barefooted; wash your feet every day; inspect your feet regularly for any sores and breaks in the skin.

In brief: Foot care

Dr. Wesley Marquart
Dr. Wesley Marquart
Dr. Brian Wagner
Podiatry

In brief: Diabetes foot care

See your podiatrist annually.
Protect your feet at all times with white socks and protective shoes. Do not go barefoot even in the house. Visually check your feet daily an look for open wounds, bleeding, redness, swelling or discoloration. If any of those occurs contact your podiatrist asap.

In brief: Diabetes foot care

See your podiatrist annually.
Dr. Brian Wagner
Dr. Brian Wagner

In brief: Diabetic foot

Care is essential to prevent wounds and can need diabetic shoes.
Suggest visits with a podiatrist 3-4 times a year for check ups and education.

In brief: Diabetic foot

Dr. Jeffrey Bowman
Dr. Jeffrey Bowman
Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care

In brief: Take Vit K2 daily

Diabetics has high mmp - enzymes that destroy skin easily combined with decreased sensation due to neuropathy increases risk of skin breakdown not noticing early - taking oral vitamin k2 daily helps prevent skin breakdown.

In brief: Take Vit K2 daily

Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Keegan Duchicela