What are some things I need to do if I have diabetes and they tell me I need to take care of my feet?

In brief: Foot care
Some basic things you should do is: wear properly fitting shoes to avoid blisters; always protect your feet and avoid being barefooted; wash your feet every day; inspect your feet regularly for any sores and breaks in the skin.

In brief: Foot care
Dr. Wesley Marquart
Dr. Wesley Marquart
Dr. Brian Wagner
Podiatry
In brief: Diabetes foot care
See your podiatrist annually.
Protect your feet at all times with white socks and protective shoes. Do not go barefoot even in the house. Visually check your feet daily an look for open wounds, bleeding, redness, swelling or discoloration. If any of those occurs contact your podiatrist asap.

In brief: Diabetes foot care
See your podiatrist annually.
Dr. Brian Wagner
Dr. Brian Wagner
In brief: Diabetic foot
Care is essential to prevent wounds and can need diabetic shoes.
Suggest visits with a podiatrist 3-4 times a year for check ups and education.

In brief: Diabetic foot
Dr. Jeffrey Bowman
Dr. Jeffrey Bowman
Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care
In brief: Take Vit K2 daily
Diabetics has high mmp - enzymes that destroy skin easily combined with decreased sensation due to neuropathy increases risk of skin breakdown not noticing early - taking oral vitamin k2 daily helps prevent skin breakdown.

In brief: Take Vit K2 daily
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Peter Kurzweil