If my ankle is stiff and sore, should I just run through the pain/discomfort to loosen it up?

Dr. Robert Levine
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Possible Problem

No. A stiff sore ankle is a sign of inflammation.
This could be the result of an injury or of repeated microtrauma. You it needs to be treated with some rest, possibly nsaid's, and then a gradual return to exercise. If is does resolve with a few days of rest or it it recurs when you return to exercise - you should have it evaluated by you physician or a sports medicine physician.

In brief: Possible Problem

Dr. Robert Levine
Dr. Robert Levine
Dr. Rudolf Zak
Podiatry

In brief: Pain

Pain is a very good indicator of when to stop and rest.
If the soreness an stiffness continues i would see a doctor to see why your ankle is sore and stiff.

In brief: Pain

Dr. Rudolf Zak
Dr. Rudolf Zak
Dr. Jack Hinkle