If I injured my ankle before, how do I go back to my original flexibility?

Dr. Phil Zapanta
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Spell ABCs (abacavir)

The simplest way is to spell the alphabet with your foot several times a day.
Try to increase your range of motion each day. This will help gain some of the flexibility back. Also warming it up with a warm compress (10-15 min) just prior to these exercises will help.

In brief: Spell ABCs (abacavir)

Dr. Phil Zapanta
Dr. Phil Zapanta

In brief: Ankle injury

If you have an old ankle injury, you will have to start a flexibility program to get it back into shape.
Exercising the ankle with range of motion exercises, stretching exercises, achilles tendon stretching, use of custom bio-mechanical orthotics will all help you achieve more flexibility in your ankle.

In brief: Ankle injury

Dr. Corinne Kauderer
Dr. Corinne Kauderer
Dr. Adam Smith