I have developed morton's neuroma after a foot injury from kick boxing in november. How long will this take to go away?

Dr. David Laha
Podiatry
In brief: May not
If you have a true morton's neuroma and have had symptoms for greater than 6 months, then conservative care may not resolve your problem. Neuromas are scaring and inflammation to the nerve sheath and the nerve itself.
If the nerve is damaged, then it will usually not return to normal. Many times surgical excision is necessary. Discuss with your foot doctor. Dr l.

In brief: May not
Dr. David Laha
Dr. David Laha
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry
In brief: Depends
How are you treating it? I find "alcohol injections" to be highly effective.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Randy Lisch
Podiatry
In brief: It won't
Morton's neuroma is an enlargement of the nerve in between the metatarsals of the foot.
With repetetive trauma such as kick boxing and pivoting on your foot, the pain will not go away by itself as the nerve is constantly being trapped or pinched. See your podiatrist for a quicker resolution to get you back to your sport without pain.

In brief: It won't
Dr. Randy Lisch
Dr. Randy Lisch
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery