I crushed my foot in the past, will this lead to foot arthritis?

Holly Barth
General Practice

In brief: Possible

Depending on the injury and how you healed, this is likely.
People who severely injure a joint tend to get arthritis later in life where that injury was. Hopefully you did all of your physical therapy and are keeping yourself healthy and strong now though, and this can help.

In brief: Possible

Holly Barth
Holly Barth
Answer assisted by Holly Barth, Medical Student
Dr. David Laha
Podiatry

In brief: Possible

Any fracture into a joint can lead to arthritis or any fracture that causes misalignment, shortening or deformity of the bone may lead to abnormal foot fuction which, in turn, can increase wear and tear on the joints.
Have it evaluated. Good shoes and supports can protect the foot and lessen the potential problems, dr l.

In brief: Possible

Dr. David Laha
Dr. David Laha
Dr. Adam Smith