I crushed my foot in the past, will this lead to foot arthritis?

Holly Barth
General Practice
In brief: Possible
Depending on the injury and how you healed, this is likely.
People who severely injure a joint tend to get arthritis later in life where that injury was. Hopefully you did all of your physical therapy and are keeping yourself healthy and strong now though, and this can help.

In brief: Possible
Holly Barth
Holly Barth
Answer assisted by Holly Barth, Medical Student
Dr. David Laha
Podiatry
In brief: Possible
Any fracture into a joint can lead to arthritis or any fracture that causes misalignment, shortening or deformity of the bone may lead to abnormal foot fuction which, in turn, can increase wear and tear on the joints.
Have it evaluated. Good shoes and supports can protect the foot and lessen the potential problems, dr l.

In brief: Possible
Dr. David Laha
Dr. David Laha
Dr. Vicken Poochikian