26 mo old son at same daycare since 3 mo old, new room every 6 mo. Teacher says he doesn't talk. He's talkative at home. Problem? Suggestion?

Dr. Mark Diamond

In brief: Normal,Probably

Toddlers are often overwhelmed in what is to them new or strange situations.
The changes may bother him. Thus they are quiet, withdrawn or very quiet. Once they warm up and are comfortable, they then become more outgoing. This is very normal and no cause for worry.

In brief: Normal,Probably

Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond

In brief: Some are quiet

If the kid talks well enough to have 50% of his words understood by others & is interactive & verbal at home I am not worried about his speech & language.
A child who chooses not to talk in certain environment can be shy & this generally will improve over time. 2yo kids deal with other 2yo in a non verbal system most of the time & it seems to work ok for the kids.

In brief: Some are quiet

Dr. Shontae Buffington