How long will I need a cast for a talus fracture?

At least 4 weeks. Provided fracture is stable. You can transition to a fracture boot after the cast. You will need to continue non weightbearing for at least another 4 weeks to allow for fracture healing.
Depends... 6-8 weeks on average but depending on the nature of your injury sometimes longer.
It depends. Was your talus fracture fixed surgically? What type of talus fracture was it? If you had surgery for your fracture, i would keep you casted for 4-6 weeks, and then advance you to a cam boot (looks like a ski boot). The key is not the type of immobilization but non-weight bearing, as putting weight on the foot too soon could lead to displacement or non-union of the fracture.