There is blood in my semen. I got a hernia surgery done(without mesh) 10 days ago.Will it heal on its own, and will my semen become clear again?

Dr. Joseph Sucher
Surgery - Trauma

In brief: Most likely

Blood in semen (hematospermia) is a common disorder. However, it is uncommon after hernia surgery.
Most patients with hematospermia have self-limited symptoms (it gets better on its own). But, since you have a recent operation, you should see your surgeon for a complete evaluation.

In brief: Most likely

Dr. Joseph Sucher
Dr. Joseph Sucher

In brief: Maybe

There may have been some trauma to your vas deferents during surgery.
This may be minor and resolve on its own in a few days, or it may be more serios. If it persists, see your surgeon about it.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Keith Monson
Dr. Keith Monson
Dr. David Earle
Surgery

In brief: Maybe

If you think this is related to your operation, it could indicate an injury in the vas deferens.
Call your surgeon for a follow up exam and discussion. You may also need a urologist.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. David Earle
Dr. David Earle
Dr. Bassam Amawi

In brief: Most likely

Yes, if not talk w u urologist.

In brief: Most likely

Yes, if not talk w u urologist.
Dr. Bassam Amawi
Dr. Bassam Amawi
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery