How do they fit your feet for orthotics?

In brief: Plaster casting

Custom orthotics are generally made by applying fast setting plaster of paris impregnated gauze on the feet, one at a time, holding the foot in what a podiatrist would call "neutral position".
The plaster mold dries in several minutes and removed carefully from the foot. Paperwork is done, molds sent to a lab and several weeks later, they are fitted into your shoes.

In brief: Plaster casting

Dr. Clark Pillsbury
Dr. Clark Pillsbury
Dr. Grace Torres-hodges
3-D Scanning casting is also available in some offices.
Dr. Andrew Schneider
Preventive Medicine

In brief: Casting

There are several ways to get fitted for orthotics.
The most common is casting in plaster or a fiberglass sock. Some use a foam box to step in and others use a digital scanner. Your doctor likely has a preferred method. For me, i still prefer casting for a functional foot orthotic.

In brief: Casting

Dr. Andrew Schneider
Dr. Andrew Schneider
Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Orthotics

I have had many orthotics over the years.
The best ones were custom made by a podiatrist who actually took a cast mold of my feet. I have had others that only required me to step on a special machine which determined the contour of the soles of my feet with a bunch of little sensors. Good orthotics can be expensive. Your feet are the unsung heroes of your body and deserve tlc.

In brief: Orthotics

Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer

In brief: Orthotics

There are several ways: plaster cast in neutral , stepping on a scanner , and biofoam. Yo0ur podiatrist will us e the method that works best in his hands.

In brief: Orthotics

Dr. Thomas Inwood
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Dr. Steven Seres