Do people ever need multiple surgeries for plantar fasciitis?

Yes. Yes, if scar tissue develops around the medial calcaneal (heel) nerve then another surgery may be needed. Sometimes a small incision plantar fasciotomy fails and larger incision surgery may be needed to also remove a heelspur.
Rarely. . Plantar fasciitis is generally resolved with conservative treatments, possible injections and physical therapy. In rare cases the patient requires surgery, and it's very rare that they need more than one, but it does happen, especially in complicated cases that involve flatfeet, or nerve compression.
It is possible. Ideally, you would only want one. However, nothing is perfect and if one doesn't obtain relief after a first attempt the surgeon may want to try a different approach or type of procedure.
No. A plantar fasciotomy is a definitive treatment to alleviate heel pain. Recovery can take e a couple of weeks to months depending on how the procedure is performed. Usually an endoscopic plantar fasciotomy is the procedure of choice.