Do good orthotics help get rid of shin splints?

Shin splint pain. Shin splints are a common overuse sports injury. Because of the function of foot and ankle, some muscles are used more than others. This causes inflammation at the origin of the muscles in the front of the legs. By controlling the mechanics with a custom orthotic, the muscle calms down and doesn't inflame. You should see your podiatrist to be evaluated for a custom orthotic.
Yes, can help. Shin splints is an inflammation in the leg bones at the junction where the muscle attaches usually due to overworking of these muscles in flat feet or from overuse. Orthotics can help with controlling pronation or flattening of the foot. If pain continues a stress fracture of the tibia would need to be ruled out.
Yes, if done well. . Orthotics will help if the underlying reason is flat feet. Proper running mechanics play a large role as well. Sometimes silicone heel cups and a stretching regimen can do he trick too. The orthotics don't necessarily need to be custom. Otc types will usually work.