Can your legs bow as you age?

Dr. Eric Bluman
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle
In brief: Yes...
Your legs can bow as you age.
One of the most common reasons this occurs is knee arthritis. A common form of knee arthritis causes the cartilage to wear more on the inside than on the outside and may result in bow legs. I would seek the attention of on orthopedic surgeon. One in your area can be found at aaos.Org.

In brief: Yes...
Your legs can bow as you age.
Dr. Eric Bluman
Dr. Eric Bluman
Dr. Frank Holmes
Sports Medicine
In brief: Absolutely
Legs can progressively bow due to degeneration.
At the the knees, we call this genu varus or varus misalignment. It is often associated with arthritis of the knee on the inside compartment (medial compartment). We can correct some of the alignment if associated with pain with a valgus unloader brace. Severe forms of bowing are treated surgically with a knee replacement or a realignment procedure.

In brief: Absolutely
Dr. Frank Holmes
Dr. Frank Holmes
Dr. Marsha Davis