Can I take any anti-inflammatories for plantar fasciitis instead of going to surgery?

I would recommend that you try conservative treatment first before you consider surgery.
Oral anti-inflamatories and steroid injections, custom orthotics, ultasound treatments and streching can be very benificial in trating plantar fasciitis. Only 5% of my patients need surgery for plantar fasciitis. Most patients respond well to conservative treatment.

Dr. Lorry Melnick
Dr. Lorry Melnick
Dr. David Moats
Podiatry

In brief: Yes and No

Yes, anti-inflammatory medications are usually given to relieve plantar fasciitis prior to surgery and can often help.
However, taking such medications long term can be harmful to the kidneys or cause ulcers. Other options could include MLS Laser treatments.

In brief: Yes and No

Dr. David Moats
Dr. David Moats
Dr. Libby Putnam
Podiatry

In brief: Combo treatment.

If you have plantar fasciitis, and hurt most with the first few steps in the am, the more you can do together, the better: #1: supportive shoes #2: firm inserts or orthotics #3: oral antiinflammatories (check with your doc) #4: stretching #5: icing (10 min at a time).
You may also need physical therapy or cortisone injections, or eswt if available in your area. Surgery is an aggressive option.

In brief: Combo treatment.

Dr. Libby Putnam
Dr. Libby Putnam
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

Antiinflammatories are part of conservative treatment or this condition.
As are arch supports, stretching, night splints. Surgery should be a last resor only after conservative treatments have failed.

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Robert Mihalich
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle

In brief: Absolutely

If that option has not been offered or you have not tried it, you should not be considering surgery.

In brief: Absolutely

Dr. Robert Mihalich
Dr. Robert Mihalich