Will vapor rub treat a toenail fungus?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: There have been

Anecdotal claims but no medical studies to my knowledge.

In brief: There have been

Dr. Alex Garcia
Podiatry

In brief: Not really

Many patients have come to my office after have tried vapor rub on their toenails.
The toenails do get softer and less dry and brittle but I have never seen toenail fungus cured by vapor rub.

In brief: Not really

Dr. Libby Putnam
Podiatry

In brief: Maybe?

The reason you hear so many different treatments for toenail fungus is because there is no perfect, sure-fire treatment that works 100% of the time.
I've seen vaporub work, as well as other natural oil remedies. You can also try laser therapy, antifungal creams, paints, or even oral medications if your doctor deems you healthy enough to take them.

In brief: Maybe?

Dr. Arnon Rubin