Is jaw pain connected to ear infections?

Possibly. Consult your ENT physician first. You do have the option of consulting an orofacial pain dentist (find one on www.Aaop.Org).
Possible. An ear infection may refer pain to your teeth, often lower molars. The same is true in reverse. Pain from lower teeth often makes your ear hurt. See a dentist or ENT specialist to help figure out where the problem is.
Can be. Ear infections can cause jaw pain. Conversely, jaw joint pain can be confused with ear pain. Many MDs have misdiagnosed jaw joint problems as "ear infection". Ask you dentist to sort out if there is a discrepancy.