Do I need to restrict my workouts with svt?

Aaron Stupple
General Practice

In brief: Depends

Patients who are asymptomatic and who have brief episodes of tachycardia can participate in all sports.
No restriction is recommended for those who have more prolonged episodes yet well controlled with medication. Athletes who experience syncope have to be resticted from activities completely until adequate therapy. Ask your doctor what kind of exercise is appropriate for your condition.

In brief: Depends

Aaron Stupple
Aaron Stupple
Answer assisted by Aaron Stupple, Medical Student
Dr. Keegan Duchicela

In brief: Make a visit.

If there's ever a time to have a good, sit down, heart-to-heart with your cardiologist, this is it.
Doing exercise with svt depends on a lot of things - how old your are, if you have other heart disease, if your svt is controlled by meds or not, how often you get it. When you see your cards doc, ask specific questions: ex "how high should I let my heart rate get and for how long?" good luck!

In brief: Make a visit.

Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Volkan Tuzcu
Pediatrics - Cardiology

In brief: Svt

not always but there is a potential of triggering SVT if you push yourself too much with such activities.

In brief: Svt

Dr. Volkan Tuzcu
Dr. Volkan Tuzcu
Dr. Rashed Hasan
Board Certified, Pediatrics - Critical Care