Are sarcoidosis and depression related?

Comorbid. There is a high level of comorbidity between depression and sarcoidosis. This means the two conditions frequently co-occur. It does not necessarily mean that one causes the other, and indeed the relationship between the two is not fully understood. Some believe that depression is an inflammatory condition itself, and possibly common factors lead to the development of both conditions.
Not directly. Sarcoidosis is an autoimmune disorder where as depression is a multifactorial brain based disorder. Many patients with sarcoidosis do get depressed due to chronic nature of illness and poor outcome of treatment.