What happens if you don’t treat a blood clot in your legs?

Stroke risk. Clots can travel andcause interruption in lungs creates embolism, for certain people stroke or heart ischemia.
Travels, or not. It can travel to lungs and kill you- worst scenario. Could "resorb" and recanalize with time so you have no issues. Could cause all sequelae of venous insufficiency- swelling/ discoloration/ ulcers etc of your legs. Treatment with blood thinners helps prevent propagation/ extension of clot, and these other issues.
PE. From the leg clots can break off and if they do they almost always travel to the lungs where they block the blood flow so you can't get oxygen into your blood. This is very risky and can be fatal so the blood clot needs to be treated to keep this from happening.