Is acupuncture helpful to manage any arrhythmias?

Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: Categorically NO!

I know of no indication or recognized treatment of accupuncture for treating arrhythmia.
It is not a choice i would make and i would be very, very cautious to know the risks involved and any other treatments recommended and certainly the advice of the participating physician (cardiologist/electrophysiologist). Be careful! be very careful!

In brief: Categorically NO!

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: See below

I recommend that for serious arrythmias, you place your trust in the hands of a good cardiologist.
There are auricular protocols for bradycardia , pvc's & tachycardia. However, it is always important to have your physician's blessing before pursuing adjunctive medicine. If you noticed i said “adjunctive”- this means that alternative medicine might compliment but not replace standard care. Cont'd.

In brief: See below

There are acupressure / acupuncture maneuvers that could be done in an emergency situation - but I personally would only consider this if advanced cardiac life support measures were unavailable.
Dr. Marianna Post

In brief: Won't hurt

You can try, but it is unlikely to help an svt.

In brief: Won't hurt

Dr. Marianna Post
Dr. Marianna Post
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine