Does low blood sugar sometimes trigger svt?

Dr. Danny Proffitt
In brief: Probably yes.
With low blood sugar, the body kicks in it's own protective mechanisms to raise blood sugar levels to feed the brain and rest of the body.
Adrenalin is released which helps block the effect of Insulin (which lowers the blood sugar). Adrenalin also causes the release of glycogen (starch) from the liver to elevate the bs. Adrenalin is a stimulant and "heart accelerator". It could trigger svt.

In brief: Probably yes.
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Diana Metzger
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: I guess it could
While not one of our usual suspects, a drop in blood sugar can stimulate the release of catecholamines (adrenaline).
Stimulants such as adrenaline, caffeine, cocaine, and many others do, indeed, trigger svt.

In brief: I guess it could
Dr. Diana Metzger
Dr. Diana Metzger
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine