What is the prognosis for lung cancer with a lesion in the brain?

Likely poor/bad. A lung cancer with a lesion in the brain is considered stage IV as this means that there is distant metastasis. This has a 5 year survival of < 5%, so you can see that the chances of successful therapy are very small. But take heart, for therapy has come a long way and depending on the type, like small cell cancer, chemotherapy can stop even extensive cases. So see your dr. B/c you never know.
Not good. The lesion in the brain can be surgically removed but even with chemotherapy and radiation, the long-term prognosis is not good. Go to www. Utdol. Com (uptodate), they provide information for patients. Good luck!