Can the doctor measure whether I'm abusing alcohol?

No . No, the doctor can measure your blood alcohol level and find out how much you had to drink, by that sometimes they can conclude if you are drinking on the regular basis, but there is no physical test that will show for sure if you are abusing alcohol. That said, your doctor or psychiatrist or psychologist after conducting an interview with you can diagnose alcohol abuse or dependence, .