I had bowel cancer last year. Had op and permanent colostomy. Now looks lik it's back on my liver. Had scans and waiting for results. What can happen.?

Dr. Aasim Sehbai
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Cancer bowel

If that is the case you will have to go on systemic therapy which means chemotherapy.
Options are folfox, folfiri, xeloda, (capecitabine) some new drugs, also find out if kras gene was mutated or wild type in your original cancer. If wild type, you can get Cetuximab or panitumumab as well.

In brief: Cancer bowel

Dr. Aasim Sehbai
Dr. Aasim Sehbai
Dr. Kevin Hiler
Surgery

In brief: Depends on the scans

If the amount the amount of disease is limited and nothing else is outside the liver, the tumor might be removed or treated with radio frequency ablation+ chemtherapy.

In brief: Depends on the scans

Dr. Kevin Hiler
Dr. Kevin Hiler
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery