I have pcos do I need to take Clomid (clomiphene) to get pregnant or I should first try without taking any medication ?

Dr. Michael Fox
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Need Treatment

Unless your cycles are exactly 28 days and have always been regular, i would suggest you seek treatment.
We prefer Letrozole over Clomid (clomiphene) due to success and side effects. The fact that cycles are irregular even if they are only off a little (30 - 32d), the risk of miscarriage is high. This would be the reason i would recommend treatment. In addition the time to pregnancy will be shorter.

In brief: Need Treatment

Dr. Michael Fox
Dr. Michael Fox
Dr. Michael Traub
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Depends

That really depends on your periods.
If you have less than 4-5 periods per year, i would take clomid (clomiphene). Most likely you are never ovulating and if so figuring out when is too hard. If you have 5-10 periods per year, a fertility specialist can help you figure out if and when you are ovulating and then you can decide how to proceed. If you have >10 periods per year timing sex to ovulation is likely ok.

In brief: Depends

That really depends on your periods.
Dr. Michael Traub
Dr. Michael Traub
Dr. Adam Levy