Is there a cure for fibromyalgia pain?

Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: No
There are treatments to lower the amount of pain and fatigue of fibromyalgia.
You must remember the best treatment for fibromyalgia is exercise and I am sure you get tired of hearing that but it works. There are differents therapies such as Cymbalta and savella (milnacipran) and the older medications that can be helpful. There are no cures for fibromyalgia. Keep a positive attitude.And do your best.

In brief: No
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management
In brief: Many good treatment
There are several excellent newer drugs (cymbalta , lyrica, (pregabalin) and savella).
In combination with exercise these are great options.

In brief: Many good treatment
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. Ron Jones
In brief: No
No. Control is difficult but can be accomplished in a certain percentage of patients, but a cure is not known.
Neither is the cause.

In brief: No
Neither is the cause.
Dr. Ron Jones
Dr. Ron Jones