Is it possible to do acupuncture on myself for back pain?

Dr. Neeoo Chin
Fertility Medicine
In brief: No
Acupuncture uses very fine needles in specific energy points and ashi pain points.
Identification of these points require skilled training. Also the lungs can be compromised if the needles are placed too deeply.

In brief: No
Dr. Neeoo Chin
Dr. Neeoo Chin
Dr. Craig Morton
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: No
Acupuncture should only be performed by a certified medical professional.

In brief: No
Dr. Craig Morton
Dr. Craig Morton
In brief: If trained
If you are a trained acupuncturist and you can reach the necessary points - go for it.
I work on my own neck and back but needle insertion can be more difticult. I think it would be very hard to needle specific major acupuncture points on your own back - but dermal peppering can be achieved in a number of areas.

In brief: If trained