If I broke my pain contract with my doctor, what should I do next?

Dr. Ron Jones

In brief: Communicate

Speak with your doctor. This is really not a "legally" binding contract and is for your benefit.
It is a matter of trust and responsibility. We are human and it may be very helpful for you to explain what happened.

In brief: Communicate

Dr. Ron Jones
Dr. Ron Jones
Dr. Paul Reynolds
The doctor patient relationship is all about communication. Being honest and open is the best step.
Dr. James Marx
Pain Management

In brief: Be Honest

Pain contracts or opioid maintenence agreements exist so that both the doctor and the patient know their duties.
Getting opioids for the treatment of pain is a priviledge that is granted based upon a patient's keeping the agreement. That agreement should provide for some lattitude on the part of both. The agreement protects the drs. Ability to prescribe as well as the safety of the patient.

In brief: Be Honest

Dr. James Marx
Dr. James Marx
Dr. Vikram Patel