How long do sperm live in a condom?

In brief: Does it matter?
If you are producing a sample for a smen analysis make sure there are no sperm killing drugs in the condom. The best sample is done in the semen lab in the "masterbatorium".
The best semen for a semen analysis is the freshest, not the one that has been stuck in ca traffic. If you are wondering because you want to reuse it. Don't bother. If you are flushing it down the chute. It doesnt matter.

In brief: Does it matter?
Dr. Andrew McCullough
Dr. Andrew McCullough
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Sperm Condom Live?
Condoms have spermicides in them which is a second way for them to act as a contraceptive.
However, the condom can break and some live sperm can then impregnate a woman. For fertility, we prefer that you collect in the office to prevent "damage" during transport from home (usually) to the lab. If you collect at home, we have special condoms w/o spermicide. I hope this helps.

In brief: Sperm Condom Live?
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Michael Opsahl
In brief: Not well known
I am not aware of exact studies on this, but I have had several clients obtain semen samples for analysis by collecting from non-lubricated latex condoms during intercouse, and then transferring the semen to standard plastic collection cups.
In all such cases, motility of the sperm appeared well maintained.

In brief: Not well known
Dr. Jeffrey Buch
Dr. Jeffrey Buch
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham