What will happen if you take multiple birth control pills directly after intercourse?

Emergency contracept. This is one of the options for emergency contraception, taking high-dose estrogen/progesterone to prevent pregnancy after unprotected intercourse. If taken properly (# of pills depends on the brand of birth control pill), it can reduce chance of pregnancy by~75-80%. A common side effect is nausea +/- vomiting.
Prevent Pregnancy. First of all, you may have side effects from multiple pills. The most common ones are nausea or vomiting which goes away quickly. Second, the pills will likely prevent a pregnancy, that might have otherwise grown in the uterus, from doing that. The pills alter the uterus to make it temporarily difficult for a potential pregnancy to stick and grow there.