What does it mean when a scaphoid fracture does not show on the x ray?

Hiding. The scaphoid is a bone in the hand that sometimes gets broken but doesn't show up well on xrays. We get concerned about that bone because it has a poor blood supply meaning it doesn't always heal well after a fracture and so it can cause a lot of problems if it isn't treated appropriately. Usually xrays will be repeated after a couple of weeks and if there is a fracture it usually can be seen then.
It usually show on . The x-ray but the reader had to suspected and order special views to find it, it did not show and there is suspicion we order mir or cat scan to for sure.